Preparing for the Online ImPACT Concussion Baseline Test
· Do you have Flash Player installed on your computer?? If not, downloads are available at www.adobe.com
· Are you behind a firewall that does not allow downloads? If so see your IT staff for assistance. If downloads not permitted, you will not able to take this test from that location.
· Please ensure that the Internet Session Time Limit on your firewall is set to at least 45 minutes. Many people take longer than 30 minutes to take the test and some firewalls have a default session time limit of 30 minutes, thus dropping your session and making it impossible to upload the data to the server.
· An easy way to check to see if system is functional is to click on the ImPACT test link…go to test and proceed to the page where pull down for school/organization is located…if this field is populated then the database and system is functioning properly. If the field does not populate for you, hit refresh several times, if this does not work then re-boot your computer to clear the browser memory cache. If that does not work, please e-mail the trainer: email@example.com
· You must administer the test on a desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection and an external mouse Also, do not run the laptop from the battery, and use the A/C connection.
· Close all other programs before starting the test. If you have a pop-up blocker installed, you will need to turn it off or temporarily allow pop-ups from our site.
· Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 5.0 and above or Firefox. The test is currently ONLY supported by these browsers.
· You must have Macromedia Flash Player installed on your computer to take the test. You can download Adobe Flash Player for free at www.adobe.com.
· To ensure that home-based results are accurate, a parent/guardian must supervise any student-athlete under the age of 18 during the testing procedure.
· The test will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete. To ensure the most accurate result, turn off music, TV, or other background noises while taking the test. These things can potentially interfere with your ability to answer clearly.
· If you do not have access to a computer with internet connection or have other problems in taking the test, please see the athletic trainer at your school.
· Go to www.impacttestonline.com/schools
· You will be linked directly to the test website. Click on the Launch Baseline Test button.
· Initially, you will be directed to a series of questions that you will need to answer before taking the test. Please answer all questions as honestly as possible. It is important for you to report any symptoms that you are experiencing when you take the test. For example, if you have a headache, please report that symptom. This helps evaluate your symptoms accurately after a head injury.
· Follow the test instructions carefully. Missing key instructions or not giving the test your full attention will affect your results.
· Put in your best effort. This is a hard test. No one gets everything right, so don't get frustrated.
· If you become confused about the directions, keep trying to do your best.
· Notify the athletic trainer at your school if you have any problems and/or questions regarding the test or if you were unable to complete the test.